The 2013 Kennebunkport festival kicks off today and runs through June 9th. The event is put on by the staff at Maine magazine and Maine Home+Design magazine with the proceeds going to support Share Our Strength. Share Our Strength is an organization dedicated to ending childhood hunger in America. “Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign is ending childhood hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need, every day.”
Highlights for the 2013 Festival Include:
- The Art of Dining. A series of once in a lifetime intimate dinners featuring Maine’s top chefs hosted in Kennebunkport’s most exquisite homes.
- Pop the Kennebunks. A gala party presented by Cellardoor Winery celebrating wine, food, and Flamenco.
- The Cellardoor Grand Tasting. A unique tasting event featuring Mediterranean inspired food and wine pairings from Maine’s talented chefs and wine purveyors in an elegant setting on the river.
- Brews and Tunes. A casual outdoor concert for families and friends to enjoy on the Green at the Captain Lord Mansion.
- Dine Around the Kennebunks. Local restaurants open their doors for an evening of culinary adventures featuring special prix-fixe menus.
- The Kennebunkport Festival 5K. New for 2013 this fun run along a beautiful route along the ocean circling downtown Kennebunkport.
Following is a complete list of 2013 Kennebunkport Festival Art of Dining Dinners:
Tuesday, June 4
1. Chef Jay Villani of Sonny’s/Local 188 at the Friedman/Miller Residence
2. Chef David Turin of David’s/David’s 388/Opus 10 at the Hass Residence
3. Chef Peggy Liversidge of Kitchen Chicks Catering at the Doran Residence
4. Chef Josh Hixson of 40 Paper at the Leonardi Residence
5. Chef Pierre Gignac of Grissini Italian Bistro at the Pressly Residence
6. Chef Cassady Pappas of Havana at the Spenlinhauer Residence
7. Chef Rob Evans of Duckfat at the Taranto/Ellms Residence – SOLD OUT
8. Chef Jeff Landry of Farmer’s Table at the Turner/Bull Residence
9. Chef Shannon Bard of Zapoteca at the Weyl Residence
Wednesday, June 5
1. Chef Mitchell Kaldrovich of Sea Glass at Inn by the Sea at Clarke Residence – SOLD OUT
2. Chef Peter Sueltenfuss of Grace at the Koch Residence – SOLD OUT
3. Chef Mel Chaiken of The Fiddlehead Restaurant at the Molloy Residence
4. Chef Leslie Oster of Aurora Provisions at the Maushart Residence
5. Chef Guy Hernandez of Bar Lola at the McDougald Residence
6. Chef Jeff Buerhaus of Walter’s at the Parker Residence – SOLD OUT
7. Chef Harding Lee Smith of The Rooms at the Rafaelli Residence
8. Chef Ryan & Alyson Flemming of Fromviandoux at the Rice Residence
9. Chef Lee Skawinski of Vignola at the van der Kaay Residence – SOLD OUT
Friday, June 7
1. Maine Home+Design Dinner Chefs Ian Hayward of Petite Jacqueline and Steve Corry of 555 at the McNamara Residence
2. Maine Magazine Dinner Chef Sam Hayward of Fore Street at the Schwister Residence—SOLD OUT
3. Grand Cru Dinner Chef Geoffroy Deconinck of Natalie’s at the Camden Harbour Inn at the Catalfano/Kapfhammer Residence
4. Cellardoor Winery Dinner Chef Barbara Lynch of No.9 Park at Hurlbutt Residence—SOLD OUT
Proceeds from the Art of Dining Dinners go to Share Our Strength®. Share Our Strength’s Taste of the Nation is the nation’s premier culinary benefit dedicated to making sure no child grows up hungry. The funds raised will support No Kid Hungry®, Share Our Strength’s campaign to end childhood hunger. Since 2006, Taste of the Nation Maine has mobilized thousands of volunteers, raised more than $400,000, and funded the most effective anti-hunger organizations across the state.